Buy an Autographed Copy of Powder Necklace

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday at Chateau Afonja in Harlem

Promoting Powder Necklace has been so much about people generously opening up their networks to me, and this afternoon was no different. Osahon Akpata, a beautiful writer that has become an invaluable friend, introduced me to Funmi Afonja who in turn introduced me to her network via a delicious brunch and book signing at her apartment aka Chateau Afonja this afternoon. She made every delicious thing on the menu -- spicy shrimp omelet, diced fried plantains, salmon stew, chicken, chef salad, fresh fruit, warm fluffy croissants, scones, and more -- and invited me to share my book with her guests. I sold out of the books I brought,met an incredible group of people, and reconnected with some friends I haven't seen in a minute. It was an awesome end to a whirlwind weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Nana, it was indeed a wonderful afternoon. Lovely meeting you too. We want you to come to Lagos and do a book reading there. Will introduce you to Farafina books... and... you can do a week of book reading @ various functions. It will be fun. Book Reading @ the next savvie soiree. Check out fotos from the May 2010 Soiree on www.facebook.com/savviehairboutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayo, thank you so much for the invitation! I'll get your contact from Funmi!

    ReplyDelete