Buy an Autographed Copy of Powder Necklace

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Dream Fulfilled

Today I walked into the Barnes & Noble on 40th & 5th and asked the woman at the info desk where I could find Powder Necklace. I practically levitated when she told me the store's copies had just arrived, waiting in the back to be shelved. I walked out into the sun and thanked God -- then I asked for that other thing I've been praying for, emboldened in my belief that it will be.


One hope’s deferred

One dream’s fulfilled

The latter’s back

On that I build

The faith to hope

It won’t be stilled

The empty cup

It will be filled

That hope I hope

So real it’s “rill”

In black & white

On parch with quill

I see it, son

Now I can chill

I’ve paid the bill

I’ve kissed, I’ve cried

You know the drill

I’ve climbed the hill

I’ve had my fill

My hope’s so high

Don’t need a pill

So Hope I’ll hope

Till you’re fulfilled

And then I’ll hope

For yet more still

No comments:

Post a Comment