Buy an Autographed Copy of Powder Necklace

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This Writing Thing Is All About Sharing

Prior to getting the good news that the book was being published, I'd focused all my energies on finishing the book, finding an agent, and praying for a publisher so when Powder Necklace came out I have to 'fess up to a "now what?" moment. What happens after/alongside the readings, the launch party and the press? I can't thank enough the peeps that stepped up to help me answer this question with advice, contacts, and information. These extremely generous souls emailed friends and colleagues about me and the book, directing them to help me promote Powder Necklace however they could; put me on to ways to extend the book's reach; offered to give me their conference badges; shouted out the book to their networks via their Facebook pages; and even shared information on their percentages and other contractual terms. Wow. I look forward to the day when I can pay this generosity forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment